YouTube Videos Reach 1 Billion Views Per Day
On Friday October 9th 2009, YouTube’s official blog has announced that they have hit 1 BILLION Views PER DAY (actually around 1.2 Billion and counting). Wouldn’t it be great if your online videos received this much attention? In celebration of this amazing accomplishment, I thought I’d share a few more interesting statistics about YouTube with you. Here we go…
- There are over 11,574 views per SECOND
- There are over 694,444 views per MINUTE
- There are over 41,666,667 views per HOUR
- YouTube takes up to 45 Terabytes of Space, equivalent to 5000 home computers, and uses a few million dollars worth of bandwidth a MONTH
- 70% of people online have watched online video, with an average person watching 73 minutes of online video a MONTH
- 10 HOURS of video are uploaded to YouTube every MINUTE
- 70% of registered users are American and under the age of 20.
- YouTube is the NUMBER 1 online video site and gets 67.5 million UNIQUE visitors from the U.S alone.
- Over 30% of videos watched online are watched on YouTube
Hani Mourra is an online video marketing coach who is passionate about helping people marketing their business online using online video.