Rapid Video Blogging with iPhone 4
In today’s post, I wanted to share with everyone how I use my new iPhone 4 as a rapid video blogging tool.
The iPhone 4 is a perfect video blogging tool. It is small, powerful, and has two video cameras on it (one facing forward which is perfect when recording videos of yourself.). The IPhone 4 is also fast and powerful and allows you to edit videos directly on your phone! Check out the video one of my other sites about blogging that I created using the iPhone 4 while sitting on a boat at the cottage a few weekends ago:
This post that you are reading now was entirely created on my iPhone 4 in under an hour including video shooting, editing, and uploading to YouTube in HD.
Tools I used:
1. iPhone 4
2. iMovie app for iPhone ($4.99)
3. 720tube app for iPhone (free)
4. WordPress app for iPhone (free)
Steps I Took:
1. Recorded the video clips in high definition using the built in camera app.
2. Created the movie using the iMovie app. I simply choose a theme, inserted the video clips I shot earlier, trimmed the clips to only keep the good stuff, took some additional photos to make the video more exciting, and add some titles to each video section.
3. Exported the movie into a HD video file using iMovie’s export feature.
4. Once I got back home (where I have WiFi again) I uploaded the HD movie to my YouTube account using the 720tube app. I found this extra step a little annoying…I wish iMovie would upload your videos to YouTube directly.
5. I launched my WordPress app and started creating this post. I ended up taking a picture of myself and embedding in the post to give this post more life 🙂
6. Now, I want to embed my YouTube video directly into my post from within the WordPress app. I opened up the Safari browser, went to the YouTube video on my channel, changed mode to “desktop” on my browser so I can gain access to the embed code, and simply copied and pasted the code into my post.
There you have it…video blogging just got easier and more accessible thanks to Apple and the iPhone 4! Now even though I wouldn’t use the iPhone 4 for my daily blogging activities, I would certain use it to create online video blog posts while on the road. It can also be an excellent tool to do video interviews!
If you have any online videos created on your iPhone, I would love to see them. Please do share them in the comments below. If you don’t yet…what are you waiting for? 🙂
Hani Mourra is an online video marketing coach who is passionate about helping people marketing their business online using online video.