How to Create a Video for Free | 3 Tips, Tools, and Techniques
Create a video for free? Is this guy nuts? Well…sometimes I am (behind my shy complexion), but today I’m 100% serious. When it comes to online video marketing, especially when it comes time to create videos, most people are afraid to invest their time and money and don’t really know how to get started. Well, you’re in luck today. I’ve done some research and created a 5 min video showing you how to create an engaging video without spending a single dime. In this video, I talk about 3 components that every video should have, 3 simple video styles you can choose from (and the free tools to create them), and 3 editing tips to make your videos more engaging (and the free video editing tool you can use to add more effectiveness to any video on any computer…Mac or PC).
Below is a summary of the techniques, tools (free), and techniques described in the video:
The following ingredients are needed in order to create a video online:
- Computer (Mac or PC)
- Internet Connection
Components To Every Online Video
- Intro: Say what are you are going to deliver in your video in one or two lines. Don’t waste the viewer’s time by talking about yourself.
- Content: Deliver EXACTLY what you promised in the title on your video. Get straight to the point.
- Call To Action: Tell them exactly what to do after they have finished watching your video and why. Be as specific as you can. In all my videos, I typically ask you guys to visit your website at www.mywebsite.com to get more free online video markering tips.
- Presentation Style: Both PowerPoint 2010 (or later) on PC and Apple Keynote on Mac let you record your presentation with a voice narration and export the result into movie file compatible with YouTube. Sweet!
PC Users: PowerPoint 2010
Mac Users: Apple Keynote
- Screencasts: Recordings of your screen showing your viewers how to solve a certain problem. These types of videos are excellent for “how-to” videos. There is a free online service called Screencast-o-matic.com that allows you to record your computer screen and save the result to your computer without installing any software.
PC Users: Screencast-o-matic.com
Mac Users: QuickTime X
- Talking Head Videos: This is the easiest to way to create an online videos for free. Simply use your existing webcam, along with a software that can record your webcam, and start talking. Try to make your video interesting by adding whiteboards, props, etc where you can. Most importantly, don’t forget to smile and be passionate on camera.
PC Users: Windows Live Movie Maker (might require you to download the Windows Live Essentials first before you see the record webcam option.
Mac Users: QuickTime X
Editing Tips To Make Your Videos More Effective
- Lower Thirds: – Add lower thirds (text below your face that typically shows your name, company name, or website) so people are reminded who you are and where you are from. Keep it subtle and don’t leave it on throughout the entire video (just a few seconds or so)
- Add Music : Music gets people’s attention. Make sure the music is turned to a low volume while you are speaking so people can still hear you speak.
- Call to Action Text: It is important to re-emphasize your Call to Action in the form of text (along with your voice). This makes the delivery of your Call to Action more powerful.
You can add all of these techniques using YouTube’s (along with WeVideo) latest online video editor. This entire video was edited using the YouTube/WeVideo online video editor and I absolutely LOVE it.
PC or Mac Users: YouTube and WeVideo Online Video Editor
Even More Online Video Marketing Resources:
- Learn How To Create Your 1st YouTube Video To Market Your Business Online
- Easy Online Video Tips Resource Section
- ReelSEO.com – The Online Video Marketing Guide (I LOVE these guys!)
Share on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and +1:
Please share this blog posts will all of your social media circles so they can start applying these tips right away. All you need to do is click on Like, Share, Tweet, and +1 at the top or bottom of this blog post.
Hani Mourra is an online video marketing coach who is passionate about helping people marketing their business online using online video.