Best Software for Video Editing on a PC
Editing your videos on a PC can be very frustrating if you don’t have the right video editing software. For me, there are three important features to look for in a video editing software for Windows: allows for easy video editing, supports a variety of file formats including the various HD video formats, and can directly upload your videos to YouTube or other online video sharing sites. So, what is the best video editing software out there today?
Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD is an affordable (around $40), simple (yet powerful) tool. When editing a video with the intention of posting it online, I recommend you keep it simple and do as little video editing as possible. Nobody is going to complain if you video is not perfectly edited. As long as you deliver value, they will keep coming back for more. There are at most 5 steps you should consider doing when editing any video intended to be posted online:
1. Cutting Your Videos: Cut out unwanted clips in the beginning, middle, or end of your videos.
2. Stitching Clips Together: If you have multiple video files, join them together so you now have one complete video.
3. Adding Text: I highly recommend putting the URL of your website inside your video. Another idea is to create a title page in the beginning so the people watching know what this video is going to be about.
4. Adding Music: Consider adding background music to the intro of your video
5. Putting Your Videos Online: Get you videos online as quickly as possible. Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD has the option to directly publish your video directly to YouTube. This saves an enormous amount of time and ensures the best video quality as it goes onto YouTube.
I highly recommend you download the 30-day fully functionally FREE Trial of Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD and try it out for yourself.
Additional Online Video Tools:
If Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD is having trouble opening any of your movie files, I suggest you download a copy of a software tool called FFDSHOW. This installs some additional files on your computer that can understand more video formats (Also known as Codecs). Once you install FFDSHOW, you can open Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD and try to open those movie files again.
- FFDSHOW Video Codecs– http://www.ffdshow.info/
- FREE Royalty-free music – http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/
If you have not yet decided on which camera you are using to film your online video, what are you waiting for? Start with what you have already. If you are looking to buy a new one, it might be worth looking at last week’s post called the Best HD Video Camera for Creating Online Video.
What is YOUR Favourite Video Editing Software for PC? I know there are a lot of video editing software out there, so please share a list of the ones you like to use in the comments below.
Hani Mourra is an online video marketing coach who is passionate about helping people marketing their business online using online video.