3 Steps to Building a Video Lighting Kit
Do you find that some of your videos come out too dark or grainy? We’ve all been there (including myself). In this 1 minute 40 second quick online video tip, I will show you how to improve the lighting for videos shot in low light areas without spending a fortune on professional video lighting equipment. I’ll also give you a few general pointers to keep in mind when lighting your videos. I can’t wait to show you these tips!
Video Lighting Kit Part List: Here is a quick recap of the parts you need to build the lighting kit for your video:
- Clamp Light: $9 at Amazon, Home Depot, or your local hardware store
- Fluorescent Light Bulb -Soft Light: $5 at Amazon, Home Depot, or your local hardware store
- Vinyl White Shower Cap: 3 for a $1 at your local Dollar Store
More Video Lighting Tips: Keep the following lighting tips in mind when shooting your next video…
- When possible, shoot your videos outdoors in natural light.
- Avoid light (or sunlight) directly above you. This will create a shadow on your face as you can see in my video above.
- Avoid setting up lights behind you.
- Setup two light sources, one to the left and one to the right of you…slightly in front you.
- Avoid standing behind a white background, a darker background works better so your skin won’t look washed out.
Share this Tip with Your Friends:If you know anyone else struggling with dark and grainy videos (we’ve all been there, including myself), please share this video with them on Twitter and Facebook by clicking on the buttons below.
Do You Struggle with Dark or Grainy Videos? Share your own experiences and how you improved the lighting in your videos in the comments below. We can all learn from each other.
Hani Mourra is an online video marketing coach who is passionate about helping people marketing their business online using online video.